Thursday, January 15, 2015

just get up!

This morning I did not want to get out of bed.  I woke up with my alarm, didn't feel tired, but I did feel lazy. 
'Tomorrow is my rest day, I could just run tomorrow and have today as a rest day.'  Or 'I could always run this afternoon.'  I thought about it for a little bit, then realised that I feel so much better after completing a run.  They always say, you never regret the workout you did, but always regret the workout you didn't do.  So true.

A tempo was on the cards for this morning.  According to my mate, Hal, this was going to be about a 10 minute easy run, then working up to tempo pace, then a 5 to 10 minute easy run, for 40 minutes.  It started off really well, but I think I need to work on my pacing.  I ended up a little too fast.  

My splits:
Mile 1: 9:34
Mile 2: 8:20
Mile 3: 8:06
Mile 4: 8:10
Last 0.67: 8:54

(I'll update these when I get my watch, I think this was it, average pace is 8:34min/mile.)

I am extremely happy with this run, even if it was a touch fast.  After not wanting to get out there I ended up doing a great job!  Pat on the back for me!

Now to relax at the beach, watching Da Hui Backdoor Shootout comp!

No comments:

Post a Comment