Monday, January 12, 2015

day one of training complete!

What a great start to my training plan.

I didn't want to get out of bed, when I finally did I was to do 3 easy miles.  It was a little chilly, so I wanted to run faster but held myself back.  Just tried to go nice and slow.  I still think I need to slow it down a little more, but that may come when I am exhausted from all my other workouts.

My splits:
Mile 1: 9:34
Mile 2: 9:31
Mile 3: 9:17

I then did week 2 of Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide, legs and cardio.  Wow, it was tough!  She is going to kill me with these workouts.

Next the fun part!  I headed to the beach for a surf.  It was small, and a little onshore.  But the supreme beings of meteorology have forecasted big swells over the next few days, and it could be the last time I surf for a while.  I'm not into big waves.  I am still getting back into surfing, so there was a lot of paddling.  My arms were quite tired from the previous surfs I've had.  Can't wait to get back my surf fitness!

I also promised my dog a long walk today.  I've been taking him to the beach a lot, we walk a little, but end up sunbathing mostly!  It ended up being about a 2 mile walk.

Tomorrow I am sure it will be a much less active day.  I do have speedwork in the morning.  Bring it on! I am excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment