Friday, January 9, 2015

honolulu marathon

It might have been because I was delirious after almost 48 hours of travel.  It could have been the price ($26.20).  But I signed up for the Honolulu Marathon.  I am so excited.  I wanted to a marathon this year.  It was out of NYC, MCM or the Honolulu.  When I received an email about the Kama'aina (Mahalo Rewards Card - south park??) special price I knew I had to do it.  I am still going to go into the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon, because I would love to do a little trip to DC.

Any way.  This week has been a little crazy, like I said 48 hours of travel.  I flew from Perth, Australia to Honolulu, Hawaii via Melbourne, Hobart and Sydney.  Yes.  That is correct.  That also includes a delayed flight in Sydney, forcing me to spend the night.  Yuck.  So I am a little behind on my BBG (Bikini Body Guide) workouts.  I plan on doing Wednesday's workout today, and then Friday's workout tomorrow.  The good thing is this week the third workout is only optional, so if it doesn't happen it isn't the end of the world.

I had a few good runs in Perth on Monday and Tuesday, both at an 'easy' pace.  5 miles on Monday and 6 miles on Tuesday.  I also went to a yoga class with my mum on the Tuesday, and loved it!  I definitely need to be doing more of that!

This morning I did another easy 5 miles - and no hills!  My pace:
Mile 1: 9:13 min/mile
Mile 2: 9:19 min/mile
Mile 3: 9:16 min/mile
Mile 4: 9:08 min/mile
Mile 5: 8:57 min/mile
Average: 9:13 min/mile pace

It felt good to be running back here!


No comments:

Post a Comment