Saturday, April 11, 2015

what to wear and pack for a half marathon

I was going through all my outfits yesterday, trying to figure out what I was going to wear for The Hapalua Half Marathon.
Some of my favourites!

With all my clothes, I have completed my long runs in them.  I know they are comfortable. It was kind of a joke - I know what I am going to wear!  I have my favourite running shorts.  My favourite running bra.  And I probably won't wear a t-shirt, it makes it easier that way!

What I plan on running in.

I am not totally convinced on my shoes.  I have another pair, exactly the same Saucony Kinvara 5 - but half a size larger than this pair.  I will probably take those too, just incase I change my mind.


The final packing list:

  • Socks
  • Lululemon Pink Shorts
  • Lululemon Sports Bra
  • Feetures Socks
  • Saucony Kinvara 5 shoes (x2)
  • Garmin Forerunner 210 GPS Watch
  • Brooks Running Hat (I may only probably wear this if it decided to rain.. I haven't decided)
  • Bib & Safety Pins (plus extra safety pins)
  • Clif Gel -  Vanilla Flavour
That is it for the race.  Everything I have here I have tested in a long run or race before.  I am not making the same mistake as last time, accidentally buying the wrong brand of gel that was disgusting and I couldn't get it down during the race.  On the side note of gels, I will plan on having it at around mile 6, and have an extra gel that I may take with to have if needed at around mile 10-11 for that extra zing.

Now, I am always nervous that something will be wrong with one of the items I have.  So I am probably going to pack an extra whole outfit, just incase!  You can never be too sure!!

I am getting quite nervous.  It is strange, to be nervous.  I am not going out to 'win' (obviously!) but I am trying to do my best.  I have actually put in a decent amount of training for this race, a lot more than usual.  Hopefully it pays off!
My tried and approved outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment