Friday, April 17, 2015

taking it easy

Yesterday I was thinking of going to run some mile repeats, or running up and down hills.  But as I thought about it I didn't really want to go and do this in full sun.  So I decided to hit the trails!

I am so glad I did.  I have never really gone trail running, in a sense where you need to watch every step, that there are muddy patches, there are hills.  I took it easy, as earlier this year I twisted my ankle on a hike, but I really enjoyed it.  I didn't worry about pace, if I needed to walk, I walked, if I wanted to speed up on nice easy areas I did.  I felt like I was a kid again.  I will definitely be back to do this again!

The elevation:
I can't believe I went up that high!  Pretty neat.  I knew I went down low though, I got to a point where it was very humid and extremely tough!  Love having the Garmin to let me know what it was like.

My splits:
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary53:24.94.0013:21
111:53.5 1.00 11:53 
216:26.8 1.00 16:26 
312:17.1 1.00 12:17 
412:47.6 1.00 12:49 

Now, my splits aren't very impressive, and at first I wasn't going to post them.  But this is a great reminder that it is ok to go nice and easy.  It doesn't have to all be fast, fast, fast.

The rest of this week I am going to continue to take it easy.  It is kind of tough.  I really want to go out and try intervals or tempos, but I am going to contain myself and leave that for next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment